If you have a couple hours:
- Adopt a family for the holidays. Check with your local food pantry for names and needs.
- Decorate an elderly neighbor's porch with lights and garland.
- Bring cookies to a local firehouse.
- Write thank you notes to the people you see daily that provide a service to your community: mail carriers, crossing guards, construction workers, etc.
- Donate blood
- Create a new baby basket with bottles, formula, diapers, receiving blankets, etc. and take it to a women's shelter.
- Sort through your closet! Haven't worn it in six months? Donate it to a resale shop that uses proceeds for a good cause.