05/15/2014 – The men's tennis teams tournament run has come to an end as the Saints were defeated by Auburn Montgomery 5-1. The second ranked Warhawks improved to 23-3 on the season, while the Saints finish their year with an impressive 25-5 mark. Auburn Montgomery will now play Bethany in one of four quarterfinal matches.
The Saints continue to be a force at the conference and regional levels and make waves at the National Championships. Coach Hendrick's crew fought valiantly, but in the end found themselves on the wrong end of the scoreboard. Another season to remember for sure, as the Aquinas College Men's Tennis team continues to set a standard for all future squads.
Auburn Montgomery (Ala.) vs Aquinas (Mich.)
May 15, 2014 at Mobile, Ala.
(Mobile Tennis Center)
Auburn Montgomery (Ala.) 5, Aquinas (Mich.) 1
1. Aaron Hendrick vs. N Pinones-Haltenhoff 3-6, 1-2, unf.
2. Kristoff Saari vs. Zinelabidine Jouini 5-7, 2-2, unf.
3. Vincent Dubosclard def. Nik Artaev 6-1, 6-1
4. Othmane Lalami def. Fisher Sutherland 6-1, 6-1
5. Gunnar Peery vs. Miguel Grifol (AUMM) 2-6, 7-5, unf.
6. Josh Reason def. Andy Struble 6-4, 1-6, 6-1
1. Aaron Hendrick/Nik Artaev def. Mendieta/Reason 8-5
2. Jouini/Lalami def. Kristoff Saari/Gunnar Peery (AQU) 8-4
3. Grifol/Pinones-Haltenhoffdef. Sutherland/Fischer 8-5
Order of finish: Doubles (2,1,3); Singles (4,3,6)