01/03/2012 – The Aquinas College Student-Athlete Advisory Board (SAAB) and its intercollegiate athletic programs showed the true meaning of giving over this past holiday season.
SAAB director, Crystal Laska, spearheaded the efforts that brought all of Aquinas' athletic programs together to make the holiday season a little merrier for those in need. "The response from the student-athletes was incredible. I feel very fortunate to be able to work along side so many great young people." states Laska. In conjunction with Aquinas' 125,000 Acts of Kindness, the Saints displayed that it is always better to give than receive. The efforts of the department led to these gifts.
* Monetary donation to the Tim Slot Family Fund and the Grand Rapids Veterans Home Christmas Party.
* Barrels of coats and clothing donated to the Grand Rapids Veterans Home.
* Money, toys, clothing, and food donated to Grand Rapids Catholic Social Services for families in need.
* Purchased cribs for families with infants whose baby cribs did not meet new standards thru Grand Rapids Catholic Social Services.
* Salvation Army Angel Tree set up in the Sturrus Sports & Fitness Center. Christmas tree gift tags brought toys to children.
The Aquinas College Athletic Department and the Student-Athlete Advisory Board hoped everyone had a wonderful holiday season and is looking forward to a great start in 2012!!!