History at Aquinas College
Student Learning Outcomes
Successful majors in history will complete their education with:
- A broad knowledge of World, European, and American history.
- A facility with language that will enable them to express themselves effectively in narrative and analytical modes of writing.
- Critical thinking skills honed by historical analysis that will transfer to other disciplines and professions.
- The ability to classify and assess different types of historical literature.
- A clear understanding of the role of interpretation in history and familiarity with the Western tradition of historical interpretation.
- Refined research skills, including making use of library resources and primary texts, integrating secondary and primary sources as part of original research, and properly citing sources in footnotes or endnotes.