Registering with Accessibility Services
- Complete the online Accommodation Request Form to self-identify and initiate the accommodation request process. This puts you, the student, in direct contact with the Accessibility Services Director.
- Check your email! The Director of Accessibility Services will respond to you (at the
email address you provide in the form above) with a specific request for documentation
to support your accommodation requests. Download the verifications form that matches
your disability area. Have your appropriate health provider complete the verification
- Disability Verification: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Disability Verification: Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Disability Verification: Blindness and Visual Impairment
- Disability Verification: Learning Disabilities
- Disability Verification: Medical Conditions
- Disability Verification: Mental Health and Psychological Conditions
- Submit your documentation: Follow the directions in the email regarding submission of your documentation. Documentation can be provided by mail, fax, or by dropping it off to 103 Lower Wege- all contact information is provided in the email to you, and is available on our website. Documentation will be handled confidentially and is held only by the Accessibility Services Office.
- Participate in a needs assessment: Once you drop off the documentation, the Director of Accessibility Services will review it and contact you to set up a needs assessment (in some cases, we may need more documentation, depending on your request and needs). A needs assessment offers the chance for the student and the director to discuss the impacts of the condition or disability and to create an accommodation plan for full participation in Aquinas academic and student life. From that point, you’ll typically have an official accommodation letter to share with your professors or other relevant Aquinas staff who will facilitate your accommodations. As mentioned previously, there are times when more documentation may be needed to facilitate your requests.