Computer Information Systems at Aquinas College
Department/Program Mission Statement
The mission of the Computer Information Systems Department at Aquinas College is to prepare students for careers in information technology as well as leaders in the industry.
Students earning a Computer Information Systems or Management Information Systems Major will be able to:
- Show an ability to use current software applications and technology to solve business and information problems.
- Demonstrate basic software development, testing, and debugging skills in current leading programming language environments.
- Exhibit a fundamental understanding of IT infrastructure (networks, operating systems, standard components, security/infrastructure configuration).
- Accurately design a relational data model and administer its implementation (normalization, physical design, structured query language).
- Successfully apply knowledge of data structures, logic algorithms, and analysis techniques to solve business and information problems.
- Display strong written, verbal, and team-oriented communication skills.