It's TIME TO INVEST IN YOU
The mission of the Economics Program is to foster critical, reflective, informed, and empowered participants and citizens, who understand cause and effect in the realm of economics. Through a range of courses and activities the Economics Program offers crucial academic exposure to the study of economics and real-world examples. The department also offers students non-classroom opportunities to participate in economic projects and experiences.
Explore ECONOMICS at AQ
Career Preparation based on leadership
- Be able to explain the function of markets and prices as a means of allocating scarce resources.
- Understand an demonstrate knowledge of key economic concepts and leading economic indicators as they pertain to decisions made at the individual, commercial, and political levels of society.
- Be able to assess economic situations and concerns related to ethics and sustainability using appropriate analytical tools to arrive at morally defensible choices.
- Understand how economic ideas and market processes give rise to developed economies and enable human flourishing.
- Be able to effectively present and communicate their findings to a wide variety of audiences.
|1||The Economics program at AQ features courses which are heavy in quantitative analysis, helping students meet the demands of the 21st century job market.|
|2||Economic majors have one of the highest starting salaries for new job entrants among all business degrees.|
|3||Have fun debating the brilliant ideas and ghastly errors of economists as diverse as John Maynard Keynes and Friedrich Hayek through the history of economic thought course.|
|4||Discover answers to questions such as: is the Federal Reserve to blame for business cycles or the key to minimizing them?|
Economics at AQ
The Economics program at AQ features courses which are heavy in quantitative analysis, helping students meet the demands of the 21st century job market.
IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES
Did you know...
- AQ economics graduates are currently working in the fields of government, banking, financial markets, and business
- Alumni Elizabeth A. Nickels served as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of Herman Miller, Inc., and is presently a board member of several major organizations, to include Principal Financial Group, Spartan Nash, and Spectrum Health Systems.
In addition to a firm base of factual and theoretical knowledge, the AQ economics major provides the extensive training in analytic and problem-solving skills. This background is ideal for many career fields including:
- Business Management
- Financial Advising
- Government Agencies
- International Business
- Public Policy Analysis