Accommodations in College Vs. Accommodations in High School


Here are a few key differences between college and high school:
  • Students must self-identify to Accessibility Services as a student with a disability Self-advocacy is essential in order to navigate through college
  • Students must supply appropriate documentation to register with Accessibility Services
  • Students must sign a release for Accessibility Services to be able to speak with a parent or doctor/counselor
  • Accommodations cannot alter the essential elements of the programs/courses
  • Accommodations are not retroactive

Summary of Differences in High School and College Services for Students with Disabilities


Accessibility Services
8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday (during fall and spring semesters) in Lower Wege Office 103

(616) 632-2177

For questions or concerns about website accessibility, please contact