Accounting at Aquinas College
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate skill in expanding their understanding of the evolving global accounting profession.
- Students will be able to understand, apply, and analyze core accounting principles and concepts in for-profit and not-for-profit organizations in the areas of financial accounting, managerial accounting, auditing, tax, and accounting information systems.
- Students will be able to identify and analyze problems, use research tools to determine alternatives, and effectively communicate recommended solutions using appropriate technology.
- Students will demonstrate skill in applying a broad range of business knowledge to solving organizational problems.
- Students will be able to clearly articulate their personal ethical decision-making processes with respect to accounting and effectively apply professional ethical standards to business situations
Department Mission Statement
The mission of the Accounting Department at Aquinas College is to provide excellence in accounting education, preparing technically competent, broadly educated, effective communicators and ethical decision-makers who will contribute productively to the accounting profession, organizations, and the community.