Counseling, Health & Wellness at Aquinas College
A mental health emergency is any situation in which a member of the campus community is experiencing extreme emotional or psychological distress that requires immediate consultation from the Counseling Services Staff.
Never leave a student threatening suicide alone.
In case of a Mental Health Emergency:
- Call the Department of Campus Safety at 616-632-2462 from a cell/off-campus phone or dial extension 3333 on any on-campus “land line” phone.
- Tell the person who answers the phone about the nature of the emergency.
- Give your name and phone number.
- Answer the Campus Safety officer’s questions and follow his or her instructions.
- For medical emergencies, Campus Safety will notify the appropriate medical staff.
- For mental health emergencies, Campus Safety will notify the Counselor who is currently on call.