Business Administration - Sport Management
It's time to find your path
The Business Administration/Sport Management major prepares students for entry level jobs in the sport industry including but not limited to; tickets sales or game day operations, sales and marketing, manager or coordinator for facilities and events, for all sport industries like professional sports and amateur sports, sport apparel, corporate sponsors and outdoor pursuits.
Community partnerships and internships provide real-world application and hands-on learning experience. As well as, alumni are well placed and respected in their fields, providing students with a network of contacts for internships and employment.
Explore Sports Management at AQ
Career Preparation based on leadership
The mission of the Kinesiology Department, in support of the mission of Aquinas College and grounded in the liberal arts tradition, is to prepare each student for a career that promotes movement, activity, and lifelong learning, and the role these factors play in the development of a whole person.
Upon completion of the program students will:
- Demonstrate competence in the sales processes of needs analysis, presenting solutions, overcoming objections, closing the sales, and after-sales customer service needed for entry-level positions in the sport industry.
- Demonstrate proficiency in sport event planning and management process including creative design, time-framed sequential plans, and evaluation of event success.
- Apply fundamental marketing and promotion concepts to the sport industry and the unique aspects of the sport consumer and sport product markets.
- Identify and analyze risk management concerns in the sport setting and how to mitigate the risk to themselves and the organization.
- Apply the skills learned in their coursework in real-world settings while developing their resumes to prepare them for career advancement.
IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES
Professional Sport Front Office Jobs
Jobs in Athletics
Sport Information Director
Want to make yourself more marketable for different sport management jobs? Considering adding a minor or concentration to your academic lineup. With over 50 minors to choose from, you can tailor make your education to fit your career goals: (see examples below)
|Sport Management Career Goal||Minor or Concentration Choice|
Sales or Marketing
Marketing minor or concentration, Communication minor
Legal Studies minor
Accounting or Economics minor
Coaching or Communication minor
Legal Studies minor
Exercise Science minor
Community Leadership minor