New Student Essentials
Welcome to Aquinas!
The ITS Help Desk is available to help you with your technology concerns, Aquinas College Network access, application support, hardware support, etc.
The information provided below is intended to assist students new to Aquinas College in locating information, services, and technology provided by ITS.
It is strongly recommended that all Aquinas students use the Microsoft Office Suite.
Get your free copy today! >More information
The Top 10 Computer Questions
- When will I be able to set up my computer account?
- Once you have been fully accepted as an Aquinas student, you will receive an important
email with instructions on how to register for SSPR (Self Service Password Reset)
and how to change your password.
- Traditional and dual-enrolled students will receive this email through the Student Service Portal.
- Continuing and Masters students: This email will be sent to the personal email address that is associated with your student file/application.
- Once you have been fully accepted as an Aquinas student, you will receive an important email with instructions on how to register for SSPR (Self Service Password Reset) and how to change your password.
- How do I find out my e-mail address is?
- Your e-mail address will be provided to you in the email detailed above.
- What is AQNet?
- What do I need to do to have my computer ready to bring to campus?
- To connect to AQNet, Aquinas College’s network, users will need to have a network-capable laptop or desktop computer and an Aquinas network account. >More information
- ITS provides support for students who need help with their AQNet connection. For support, please call 616-632-2050 to schedule an appointment with our staff, stop by AB 350, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is Multi-Factor Authentication or MFA?
It is a security measure used to protect digital accounts and systems from unauthorized access. MFA requires users to provide two or more forms of identification to verify their identity before they can access a system or account. By requiring multiple factors for authentication, MFA makes it much more difficult for attackers to gain access to an account or system using stolen or guessed passwords alone. MFA is widely used in online banking, social media, email, and other online services to help prevent unauthorized access and protect user data. Aquinas uses a tool from Cisco called DUO, which applies to Google G Suite for Education (Gmail and Google Drive). For step-by-step instructions, please visit DUO Security — Multi-Factor Authentication Setup.
What are the computer recommendations for connecting to AQNet?
- Are there web resources that are used at Aquinas College?
- What is Self Service?
- Self Service is an online tool that gives students access to the College's main database to view private information pertaining to grades, class schedule, account balance/payment information, and financial aid information. Self Service can be accessed after your account has been set up.
- You are responsible for the security of your computer account. How can you keep your information safe?
- How long do I keep my email address after graduation?
- Approximately 6 months, or one semester, after you graduate.